Employment Litigation Attorneys in Irvine, California
Disputes between an employer and an employee can become bitter and emotionally charged. Our lawyers have the sophistication and experience to resolve these cases through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or trial, if necessary.
From our offices in Irvine, California, our attorneys often represent employers in litigation over employment contracts, severance agreements, confidentiality agreements, civil rights and discrimination claims, and other employment litigation. Our wide-ranging practice includes cases involving:
- How to terminate employees (and when not to)
- Wrongful termination for violation of public policy
- Reverse discrimination claims
- Sexual harassment and retaliation claims
- Negotiation of executive contracts
- Enforcement of confidentiality agreements
- Advising clients concerning covenants not to compete, which are generally not enforceable in California except in conjunction with the sale of a business
- Preparing employee handbooks
- Preparing employment agreements
- Preparing severance agreements
- Preparing confidentiality agreements
We represent businesses in civil court and before governmental agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Department of Labor. Our lawyers have a high rate of success in arbitration, trials and appeals.
In addition to litigation services, our attorneys advise corporations how to avoid litigation in the employment relationship.
Our lawyers settled an employment case in Orange County in which the plaintiff alleged that he was terminated in violation of public policy with 100 percent insurance dollars. We also succeeded in getting the plaintiff and his counsel monetarily sanctioned for discovery misconduct. See Victories for more case examples.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment with one of our employment litigation attorneys, contact James McQueen or Phillip Ashman at our Irvine, California, law office.